Sunday, May 26, 2013

Motherhood is sweet

Micah's activity level has really taken off during the past few days.  He is reaching for things and successfully grasping them.  He can reach out and touch my face.  What makes me laugh is how eagerly he tries to get items into his mouth.  He'll stare at something, open his mouth wide, and his whole body quivers.  Then he'll reach out his hands and swipe at the toy, usually missing, but he lands his fist right in his mouth and bites it with a vengeance.  It's great to see him working so hard, but I feel bad that he usually just gets his fist!  It's pretty cute, though.

And today Levi made my heart go pitter-pat.  After his nap, he turned on his Raffi CD, sat on his bed, and just listened to most of it.  Later on, I was absent-mindedly singing one of the songs: "All I really need is a song in heart and love in my family."  I asked Levi if there was love in his family, and he said, "Yeah."  I elaborated: "Mommy and Daddy love Levi.  Mommy and Daddy love Micah.  Micah loves Levi.  Does Levi love Micah?"  "Yeah."  "Does Levi love Mommy?"  "Yeah."  "Does Levi love Daddy?"  "Yeah."  And then a minute later he finished with, "Levi loves Mommy."  I cried.

I may spend my days stepping over toys, getting spit up on, and cleaning up all manner of messes.  I may spend my nights trying, unsuccessfully, to get caught up on all the other little things that need doing.  But motherhood is sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment